Crunch into garlicy, spicy and cooling summer cucumbers - the trick is is the texture of the tender, smashed vegetable. Drizzled with chili oil, ready to delight!
- 1 large Persian or Kirby cucumber, 10oz
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 2 cloves Garlic, thinly minced
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar, clear
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan Chili Oil, hot or 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or 1 tsp finely chopped fresh chili pepper
- 1/4 cup Green onion, sliced diagonally
Wash and trim ends of the cucumber. Lay on a chopping board or solid utting and smack it a few times with the flat blade of a wide chef’s knife/cleaver or a rolling pin to split. Cut length-ways into four pieces, then cut on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces. Place in a shallow bowl and sprinkle evenly with Sel Magique, and set aside until cucumbers release water, about 10 minutes.
Pour out any water and toss in the sauce ingredients, garnish just before serving with green onion. Let sit to marinate for 30 minutes before serving. Will store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!